Global videogame publisher 505 Games and its partner, internationally renowned developer Remedy Entertainment, Plc. announced a host of upcoming post-launch content for the award-winning Control. Critics are calling Control, which launched globally* on Aug. 27, “one of the best games of 2019” (TIME Magazine) and “a game we’ll be talking about for generations” (GamesRadar); the “visually stunning” (Entertainment Weekly) Control is “Remedy at the peak of its game” (VG247).
Upcoming content for the renowned supernatural action-adventure game includes:
- Photo Mode: Remedy is working on the much-desired Photo Mode, arriving this fall free to all players, which will enable players to take awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House.
- New Game Mode: In December, the Expeditions game mode will be released, offering challenging new end-game content in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face some of the greatest challenges the Oldest House has to throw at you. Expeditions will be free to all players.
- Expansions: In 2020, two full, paid Expansions will be released, The Foundation and AWE. Both will offer new story missions, teams, enemies and game mechanics, and will take place in new locations within the Oldest House.
- The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself.
- The second Expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new area of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.
The PlayStation 4 Digital Deluxe Edition includes both Expansions, as well as an extra side mission, “Isolation” and an additional exclusive outfit, Jesse’s Urban Response Gear. For players who have already purchased the main game for PS4, the Season Pass is now available for pre-order, and also includes both expansions (upon release).
Each Expansion will also be available to purchase individually at release, and the Season Pass and individual Expansions will be available for purchase on Xbox One and PC, following the PlayStation 4 Expansion 1 “The Foundation” release. The AWE expansion will release on all platforms on the same date.
Set in a unique and ever-changing world that juxtaposes our familiar reality with the strange and unexplainable, Control is a third-person action-adventure game combining Remedy’s trademark gunplay with supernatural abilities.
After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, players will take on the role of Jesse Faden, the new Director struggling to regain Control. This sandbox-style, gameplay-driven experience built on the proprietary Northlight engine challenges players to master a combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts and reactive environments while fighting through the deep and mysterious worlds Remedy is known and loved for.
Control on PC is one of the first games to support multiple ray-traced effects, including ray-traced reflections, contact shadows, and indirect diffuse lighting. Control on PC also supports NVIDIA DLSS. For a limited time, gamers will receive Control with the purchase of an eligible GeForce RTX GPU-equipped graphics card, desktop or laptop; more details here.
*Control launched on Aug. 27 in the Americas, Europe, the United Kingdom and other supported territories on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for physical and digital retail, with a simultaneous launch on the Epic game store for Windows PC. It launched the same day in Korea for PS4 and Xbox through publisher H2 Interactive, for digital and physical retail. The game will launch later this autumn in Japan, through publishing partner Marvelous. A digital and physical PS4 release in South East Asia, including Hong Kong and Taiwan, will be published by Huya; release date to be confirmed.