Ghosts got you down? Pelted with poltergeist problems? Well, fret no more — Hector Plasm is on the case. The ghost-bustin’-est twin-stick shooter around — Dead End Job, is available on Steam (Windows, Linux), Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Nintendo Switch.
From developer Ant Workshop — headed up by the former lead level designer on Red Dead Redemption — and publisher Headup, this insane mash-up of Ren & Stimpy and Ghostbusters puts you in the ethereal boots of Hector Plasm. Our hero, employed with the Number One Experts in Paranormal Pest Control, Ghoul-B-Gone — Hector is tasked with ridding the wacky world of meddlesome spectral interlopers. Tag along with our hero for a typical day at work, as he heads all over town to offices overrun by spirits, wraith-infested restaurants, and other creepy community buildings with his good old ghost bustin’ vacuum pack and trusty ol’ plasma blaster, putting abhorrent apparitions to rest for GOOD.
Lovers of 90’s cartoons, wacky ghost hunting adventures, or cleanliness, will have a literal blast zooming through the vibrantly cartoony, gag ‘till you laugh, procedurally generated world as they suck up unsuspecting spooky pests. Groove to the beats of award-winning composer Will Morton (of Grand Theft Auto fame) as you rescue residents and chase promotions by wracking up hefty invoices to send to your clients — ghoul by fiendish ghoul! Stream the game on Twitch and Mixer and get your audience in on the action — integrated interactivity allows your viewers to help you devastate demonic intruders or hinder your assault on the afterlife. Whether you play alone or team up with a haunt-hunting buddy for some seamless drop-in/drop-out split-screen couch co-op action, Dead End Job is sure to keep you coming back for more!
Dead End Job is available on Apple Arcade, on Windows PC and Linux via Steam, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
- All levels and rooms are procedurally generated
- Bust ghosts with a buddy in asymmetrical drop in/drop out 2P local co-op mode
- Twitch and Mixer interactivity! ** Streamers can allow their viewers to choose their power-ups for them (and in a little twist this also adds power-downs). So their audience can choose to be nice and helpful, or make their life harder!
- Struggle with Twin-Stick? You can play the game too, with a stick for moving and adaptive aim assist!
- The entire adventure is backed by music from the award-winning Will Morton (Grand Theft Auto series)
- Over 100 weird items to find
- It’s got an animated theme tune.