Knife Sisters, a visual novel about love, power and dependence, has been released for Linux. The game is developed by Transcenders Media from Malmö, Sweden, and was originally released in April 2019, for Mac OSX and Windows on Steam and Itch.io.
Knife Sisters is a dark, explorative, and erotic interactive story that’s set in a contemporary world, populated with believable characters, progressive values, and proudly represents people of different genders and sexualities.
In Knife Sisters, you play 19-year old Leo who gets drawn into a world of strange assignments and occult rituals by the artist Dagger. During gameplay, players make decisions related to power, consent and submission, have playdates with characters, and explore their own emotions as well as their moral compasses.
– Knife Sisters expands the limits for which stories that can be told through games, and who gets to be represented in them, says the game’s designer Bobbi A Sand.
- Gender and sexually diverse characters
- Three main romance/play routes with trans/female characters
- Five playdates to explore aspects of being dominant, submissive and switch
- Dialogue system in sync with conversation as opposed to fixed choices – as well as the opportunity of not making a choice
- Balance anxiety and essence to keep anxiety in check
- Different endings based on the choices made throughout the game
Steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/944910/
Itch.io store page: https://transcenders.itch.io/knife-sisters