Sketch House Games is proud to announce that its throwback minigame party Monster Jaunt is coming to Steam on Windows in early 2020. Join up to three friends to plan the perfect vacation in this unique take on a digital board game.
Monster Jaunt is a strategic party game that values skill over luck. Up to four players compete as rival tour guides determined to take their vacationing monsters on the best holiday ever. Each monster yearns for something different; the Chinchilly might prefer to warm up at the beach, and the Polarave would love a lively festival or a frigid ski lodge, but an Owlgebra would prefer a quiet museum. It’s up to you to plan an ideal route and draft the most fitting customers you can for this most epic of holidays.
To do that, you’ll compete with your friends in 20 minigames. These run the gamut from high-speed penguin races to competitive inventory management to cupcake-based social deduction. Each minigame is entirely skill-based, and those who perform best get first pick on which monsters they want to join their touring caravan. There are no dice rolls in Monster Jaunt!
Monster Jaunt’s minigame diversity will challenge a wide range of abilities, but if there’s a certain type of game you and your friends dislike, simply eliminate it using the settings menu. If you and your pals have a favorite minigame, you can increase the likelihood of it being selected. Everything in Monster Jaunt is 100 percent customizable, so you can play it your way!
“I’ve always found a lot of party games frustrating in that they require a strong amount of game literacy and skill in some aspects, and then throw that all out the window with luck-based die rolls,” said Sketch House Games founder and many-hats-wearer Nate Buck. “I wanted to create a minigame anthology where the overall board game is as skill-based as the individual challenges, rewarding players for different types of cognitive and reflexive abilities. The result was Monster Jaunt.”
- Diverse Minigames: From arcade asteroid blasting to cerebral memory challenges, 20 challenging and varied minigames await.
- Strategy Board Game: Monsters have arrived from another dimension to…have a great vacation! Win minigames to draft monsters and plan vacation routes in a Euro-inspired board game. No more rolling dice and hoping for a win!
- No Waiting: Every minigame includes all players and board turns are simultaneous, so you won’t be twiddling your thumbs while others take their turns.
- Throwback Aesthetic: ’90s kids, rejoice! Monster Jaunt takes visual inspiration from 3D greats of the mid to late ’90s. Behold the glory of bright colors, lo-fi polygon, hidden cheats, and cheery MIDI tunes!
- Abundant Customization: Play with 1-4 players and fill in with bots. Disable minigames you don’t like or increase the odds of your favorites appearing. Remap controls however you need. Don’t button mash if you don’t want to!