Digerati and Nerdook Productions are delighted to reveal that deck-building battler Monster Slayers is coming to PS4 and PS Vita (Cross-Buy), and Xbox One. The game will launch sometime in spring – exact release date is still TBC.
Developed by Nerdook (Reverse Crawl, Vertical Drop Heroes) and released on Steam in 2017, Monster Slayers has proven to be a favourite among card game fans and newcomers alike. It’s also a hit with critics – Monster Slayers boasts a Metacritic score of 86.
About the game
Monster Slayers is a rogue-like deck-building RPG adventure with an innovative card-based battle system that lets you customize a deck to suit your play style. Create a hero to join the Monster Slayers Guild and choose your path through the perilous Northern Valley as you follow your quest to defeat the legendary Harbinger and become a true Monster Slayer.
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- 12 different character classes to choose from: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
- Inspired by the much-loved deck-building RPG, Dream Quest, created by Peter Whalen (Hearthstone)