Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood, a hybrid text-based RPG set in the Robin Hood universe has released on Windows PC and Mac (Steam).
You’ll be able to forge your destiny and fight to liberate Nottingham in this epic story-driven RPG blending a text-based adventure with resource management and base building set within a lushly-illustrated Sherwood Forest.
Define the deeds and identity of Robin Hood, outlaw of Sherwood Forest; recruit allies, forge alliances, find love; and chart a path between war, negotiation, and dangerous magics. Your choices are remembered and your actions shape the world, but you can’t do it alone.
Originally launched on iOS in 2017, Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood comes to Steam with over 100,000 additional words added and restructured game mechanics.
Developer, Andrew G. Schneider said: “Nocked’s desktop launch is more than just an additional hundred thousand words, hundreds of pieces of new art, and an hour of music; it’s a complete restructuring of the game, where narrative begets mechanics to create a complete story-based RPG experience.”
About Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood
- 10+ hours of gameplay incorporating 600,000+ words of text and 7,500+ unique narrative actions (That’s over six novels worth of material). No single playthrough is the same; this is interactive fiction on an epic scale!
- Play as a male or female Robin.
- 10 romanceable characters, including both same and opposite-sex relationships.
- 5 unique backstories that change the way the world responds to your actions.
- 4 difficulty levels. Resource management can be an afterthought or a vital element in your decision-making.
- 3 customizable bases, each with a unique look and play style. Build your base and see it reflected in the art and story.
- 300+ pieces of hand-drawn art by Amanda Spaid.
- Dozens of different endings. See the culmination of your choices and their effect upon the world.
- Play for minutes or hours at a time. A robust autosave keeps track of your progress.
- Adjustable text size.
- Built on Disbound for iOS, a powerful new engine created by Unmapped Path that transforms Twine stories into rich experiences for mobile platforms.
- Lovingly expanded and refined, with additional art, music, and text for PC and Mac.