Overwatch Patch 1.25
In the latest Overwatch Developer Update, Jeff Kaplan talks about changes coming to the game with Patch 1.25, which is now live on the PTR. We’re excited to announce new tools that let players control their gameplay experience, the ability to reward positive behavior and strategic gameplay with Endorsements, updates to improve overall gameplay, and plans to continue building for the future of Overwatch.
Overwatch Patch 1.25 Overview
- Endorsements — When a player finishes a match, they can give (and receive) Endorsements for other players based on their positive behavior in the game.
- Types of Endorsements include Good Teammate, Shotcaller, and Good Sportsmanship.
- Every Endorsement a player receives goes toward progressing their Endorsement Level (EL); players also receive +50xp toward their overall level for each Endorsement given to another player.
- At any time during a two-week interval, players can be rewarded based on their current EL.
- Looking For Group — Players can form their own in-game groups, choose roles and team compositions, make restrictions based on Endorsement Levels, and merge with other groups.
- Private Profiles — Player profiles now have the option to be set to Private, Friends-Only, or Public.
- Horizon Re-Work — Horizon is receiving level design changes to help balance the map.
- Symmetra Re-Work — Symmetra is receiving updates to her primary fire, secondary fire, both of her abilities, and a new Ultimate Ability.
- Damage Role — Defense and Offense roles are now replaced by the Damage role.