In Repressed, you’ll have the chance to see your character’s movement in an entirely new way. Forget about fixed levels and avoiding or jumping over what’s in your way. As a shadow, you depend on light. Use this knowledge wisely. Changing the angle of the light or the camera’s position will reveal new paths, puzzles, and scraps of memory. Collecting them will allow you to revisit the dark past that’s hunting you and which brought you to where this story begins.
The game is available on Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux).
ABOUT THE GAME
Want to explore your memories? Repressed is a puzzle-adventure game that allows you to do just that. Embark on an incredible journey inside your mind with guidance from someone offering a helping hand. Find answers to the questions that have bothered you for ages. Navigate the maze we call memory and ease your mind in the process. Be careful though – not all memories are worth revisiting.
In Repressed, you play as the shadow of your persona as you delve into your memories. The shadow needs light to exist, and darkness is its worst enemy. Explore the space around you, build, solve puzzles, and control light to find the right path and discover your story. Prepare for a game that’s unlike anything you’ve played before.
REPRESSED MAIN FEATURES:
- Set off on an extraordinary, symbolic journey – stay open-minded, revisit your memories, but be warned that not all of them are worth remembering.
- Experience what it means to move like a shadow – forget all the rules of movement that other games have taught you and look at the world from an entirely new perspective.
- Collect pieces of your memory – rebuild the past from scraps of memory buried deep in your mind.
- Enjoy a unique aesthetic – the unusual graphics will keep you immersed in this remarkable world while you focus on exploring your memories.
- See how real-life art can inspire game developers – an Etruscan sculpture, Ombra Della Sera, and artists such as Adolphe Appia, Josef Svoboda, Yannis Kokkos, Frank Miller, and James Turrell inspired the creators of Repressed to bring this game to life.
- Listen to a one-of-a-kind, disturbing yet addictive soundtrack – immerse yourself in the game world while listening to a unique soundtrack composed by Bogdan Mizerski.