Some Distant Memory, developed by Galvanic Games and published by Way Down Deep, is a Steam (Windows/Mac) and Nintendo Switch game releasing in 2019.
Set 300 years after the collapse of civilization, Some Distant Memory tells the story of an archaeologist searching the desolate remains of Earth with her AI companion.
Seeking relics from a time when humans could breathe Earth’s air and walk outside without a suit, Professor Zay makes the largest archaeological discovery in wasteland history – a single house, mysteriously preserved, containing the life memories of an entire family.
By scanning photos, journals, and other items in the house, Zay and the ARORA AI are able to reveal things as they once were, digitally recreate moments from the past, and learn the profound stories of those who lived and loved one another before their world was destroyed.
SDM is a heartfelt story about relationships, creativity, and the importance of remembering those that are gone.
With only a handful of people remaining on Earth, could Professor Zay discover the path to mankind’s survival?
- Play as a future archaeologist discovering a cast of other characters from past Earth. Examine relics and relive their stories in the order you choose.
- Navigate the ruins of humanity’s past – a house buried underground during the mysterious Collapse 300 years ago.
- Search for objects and messages that reveal the lives of those who witnessed the end of the world.
- Discover and unlock Memories to recreate scenes from the past with the help of your AI companion.
- Piece together clues that reveal the mystery of fallen Earth and the events that led to the end of civilization.