French independent developer and self-publisher Eugen Systems is happy to announce that their new real-time strategy game Steel Division 2 has launched on Steam (Windows/Mac).
“We can’t wait for players to finally get their hands on the final version of Steel Division 2,” says Game Director at Eugen Systems Alexis Le Dressay. “On behalf of the entire development team at Eugen Systems, we want to thank our die-hard community and players who helped us continue to improve and polish this game through its extensive closed beta period.”
Set during massive Operation Bagration on the Eastern Front in the summer of 1944, Steel Division 2 pushes the limits of the World War II tactical experience. After an extensive closed beta period which saw the roll-out of brand-new game modes, units, and divisions to players who pre-ordered Steel Division 2, Eugen Systems (R.U.S.E., Wargame series, Steel Division: Normandy 44) is excited to welcome all strategy players to their latest game. Steel Division 2 is the sequel to the real-time strategy title Steel Division: Normandy 44, which was released to critical acclaim in 2017. Featuring the loving and painstaking attention to detail developer Eugen Systems is famous for, players can expect historically accurate units, weaponry, vehicles, aircraft and battlefields throughout the course of Steel Division 2’s new campaign, multiplayer, and co-op modes.
Steel Division 2 owners can enjoy:
- New Dynamic Strategic Campaigns: turn-based single-player mode with four different campaigns, which sees players reenact crucial engagements during Operation Bagration on a 1:1 scale. Each campaign offers dozens of authentic units, and thousands of soldiers and tanks for players to command.
- 600+ Units: Hundreds of authentic units, spanning troops, tanks, artillery, and airplanes, from both the Soviet and German side. From the fearsome “beast killer” ISU-152 tank destroyer, the iconic Tiger heavy tank, to partisans and penal troops, prospective commanders can create their own battlegroup on both the Soviet and German side.
- New Deck Builder: a new deck building customization mode allows the players to create their own formation choosing from 18 parent divisions including the 5th Panzer, the hard-hitting 2nd Guards Tank Corps and the Hungarian 1. Lovasz division.
- New Game Modes: multiple challenging game modes, each providing a different tactical experience. Players can play in different variations of the fast-paced Skirmish mode, solo or online against human opponents. The demanding Breakthrough mode is also available and features new defensive structures.
- Historical Battles: six meticulous crafted scenarios, delivering players a refined tactical experience of some of the most important battles which occurred during the strategic offensive.
- Maps: 25 maps, painstakingly researched using real-life military maps and aerial photography set across the breadth of the Eastern Front, with new terrain features and topology providing more variety (and obstacles) on the battlefield.
- IrisZoom: Steel Division 2 is developed in-house with the IrisZoom engine, allowing players to seamless zoom in and out, drinking in the glorious details of each battlefield from afar with an eagle eye perspective one moment and examining up-close details of each individual unit the next.