Gamera Interactive, in association with Kibou Entertainment, announced that Timothy and the Mysterious Forest is available for Windows on Steam. The game is the first original third party game to be published by Gamera Interactive, expanding the ever growing portfolio of in-house fully developed IP, co-productions and ReLaunch-related releases. Timothy and the Mysterious Forest is a hardcore action game, featuring Game Boy graphics, heavily inspired from the great classics, along with meta-narrative, stealth system and action combat with a high difficulty level. The game mixes elements from adventure/exploration games with puzzle and stealth: exploration, reading and keeping a slow pace is the best tactic.
Timothy, a common child, wants to save his grandfather from certain death. The old man fell ill and he’s now fighting for his life. Timothy, who loves his grandfather very much, decides to take a risky journey to the infamous Mysterious Forest. Legends speak of a magic mushroom able to cure any disease. Timothy bravely begins his journey to find the magic mushroom. The world is full of ruins, graveyards and tombstones, caves, swamps and weird characters: every place is made to look wild, abandoned and dangerous. Except for Timothy’s grandfather, most characters are often mean or clearly driven by not-so-nice feelings.
- Hard-as-nails gameplay, as a dedication to the difficulty of classic games: die with a single touch from enemies or traps
- Melee combat and stealth can be mixed
- Grab & throw: specific items can be grabbed and thrown onto enemies to kill them instantly
- Smart enemies move using patterns, patrolling and chasing you
- Multiple endings
- Amazing 8-bit graphics, pure 4:3!