Sold Out and Bohemia Interactive are happy to announce that the physical edition of online survival shooter DayZ will release worldwide on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 15, 2019.
Stagger into a harsh post-apocalyptic landscape and fight for your life with up to 60 players on a single server. Survive an infected nation, scavenge for supplies, explore the hostile wilderness, and defend yourself from other players willing to do anything to survive another day. Will you explore Chernarus solo or form alliances with others to battle the hostile open world together? This is DayZ, this is your story.
- Use any means necessary to survive a hostile open world for as long as possible.
- Explore the authentic open world of Chernarus, featuring 230 square kilometres of hand-crafted terrain based on real-life locations.
- Become immersed in a tense experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on a single server, each fighting for survival.
- Experience a wide variety of complex survival mechanics, from hunting and crafting, through to sophisticated injury simulation and transferable diseases.
- Survive against environmental dangers, including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators.
- Intense, authentic gun combat and close quarters melee systems.
- Persistent servers with a complex loot economy and the ability to build improvised bases.
“We’re thrilled to be bringing the DayZ experience to so many more players on PS4 and Xbox One this October,” said Sarah Hoeksma, Marketing Director at Sold Out. “As one of the original online survival games, DayZ is a tense and thrilling title that has already seen millions of players across the globe team up with others – or betray them – to survive the open world of Chernarus.”
DayZ will be available to purchase physically on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X, on October 15, 2019.