Killing Floor 2, ‘Infinite Onslaught’ content update
Tripwire Interactive announced the release of the KILLING FLOOR 2: Infinite Onslaught Content Update, this year’s first major update for its critically acclaimed, co-op, sci-fi horror shooter, KILLING FLOOR 2. Starting today, Killing Floor 2 players can download the Infinite Onslaught Content Update for free on all major platforms, including PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Windows PC via Steam.
The launch for the Killing Floor 2: Infinite Onslaught Content Update also follows news that the original Killing Floor, first launched on May 14, 2009 for Windows PC, has now surpassed over 5 million units sold worldwide.
“Continued sales for both the original Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2 post-launch is the kind of thing that can’t happen unless we keep things new and exciting for players,” said Bill Munk, Product Lead for Killing Floor 2 at Tripwire Interactive. “That’s why post-launch content updates and continued support for the Killing Floor community continues to be a top priority for us.”
Tripwire Interactive continues to support the KILLING FLOOR 2 community with free post-launch updates and promoting community made maps with today’s release of the Infinite Onslaught Content Update. Highlights include:
NEW ENDLESS MODE GAME TYPE
- Challenge the relentless waves of Zeds that become increasingly crushing as more waves are defeated while The Patriarch takes over in the role as The Trader
- MAC- 10 SMG: Voted back by community popularity, the MAC- 10 SMG makes its triumphant return from the original Killing Floor, featuring incendiary ammo
- Husk Cannon: Requisitioned from a Husk, it is time to bring more fire to the party
- AF2011-A1 pistol: Killing two Zeds with one stone was never easier than holding the lovingly designed two-for-one pistol
NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTER D.A.R.
- Short for Domestic Assistant Robot, this new and improved fan favorite machine from the original Killing Floor is now freely available for Zed destroying services
- Powercore: Designed by a community mapper, the subterranean facility is yours to defend
- DieSector: The Patriach was very original when naming his new testing arena for his latest and greatest creations
NEW COSMETICS, CRATES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND MORE
- The Vault has been stocked with additional cosmetics, character skins and weapon skins
Players can also look forward to a wealth of new items, Quality of Life improvements, and bug fixes.
In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive and is published at retail by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and Windows PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.