Overload, Xbox One edition available March 6, 2019
Revival Productions’ Overload, the spiritual successor to the classic six-degree-of-freedom (6DOF) tunnel shooter game Descent, will launch March 6, 2019 on Xbox One and Xbox One X. The Xbox version supports cross-platform play with Windows PC.
Revival Productions, founded by Matt Toschlog and Mike Kulas, co-founders of legendary Parallax Software and creators of the classic Descent, created Overload as the ultimate zero-G shooter. It gives players three axes of rotation and three axes of movement unlike traditional FPS games. The battle comes from all sides, above, and below, which adds to the game’s complexity and depth to control and movement, ultimately transforming the FPS genre into something completely new and challenging.
Overload offers a deep single-player campaign, a highly-replayable Challenge Mode with online leaderboards, and individual and team-based online multiplayer modes. This breathtaking game is loaded with labyrinthine environments, pulse-pounding soundtracks, tight zones for combat, and level exploration beyond main objectives. Expanded gameplay features and powerful weapons armed with unique characteristics tighten the game’s high-octane action.
- 15 level single-player campaign plus secret levels
- Numerous level challenges including lava, force fields, lockdowns, ambushes, and secret rooms
- 20 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants and three bosses armed with customized AI giving them unique personality and combat behavior
- Multiplayer with public and private matches
- Challenge Mode with 12 levels and Infinite and Countdown variants that alter the focus of play
- Story by the writer of FreeSpace 2 with fully-voiced audio (English Only)
- Adrenaline-pumping soundtrack
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades and XP system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide for navigation assistance
- Save almost anywhere
- Six difficulty levels ranging from a casual challenge to very punishing
- Surround sound audio options
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Interface and subtitles available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Russian
Overload is currently available on PlayStation®4, Windows PC, Linux and Mac ( Steam and GoG).
- Overload boasts at 93% Positive score on Steam!