Rockstar Games announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 is available for the Windows PC. Originally released on October 26, 2018, Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One was a critical and commercial success with approximately 25 million copies sold-in worldwide.
The first game in the Red Dead Redemption series to be featured on the PC platform, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC debuts with a range of graphical and technical enhancements to bring new life and detail to the story of Arthur Morgan and the Van Der Linde gang, on the run from the law across America in the final days of the 19th Century. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC also includes new content for Story mode, including new Bounty Hunting Missions, Gang Hideouts, Weapons and more, plus a fully-featured photo mode for players to capture and share their favorite moments from the game.
Pre-release media previews have been outstanding:
- “The world simply looks more natural. From the way fog causes an eerie glow to cover the sky when sun shines through it, or sweatier faces boast a more noticeable reflective sheen, leafy shadows flutter about the woods, or the way lamp and torchlight flickers in someone’s eyes, the already-vibrant world manages to pull you into it just that much further.” – IGN
- “It feels like Rockstar is showing off – it looks breathtaking…It’s hard not to talk about it without sounding hyperbolic but it’s one of the best looking things I’ve seen in recent memory.” – GameSpot
- “The combination of 60fps performance and mouselook significantly changes the way the game feels to play, which to me matters more than visual improvements to a game that looked great already.” – PC Gamer
- “One of the best looking games I’ve ever seen on a monitor.” – GamesRadar
- “Photo mode and graphics upgrades make this the definitive version.” – VG247
Red Dead Redemption 2 for Windows PC also includes free access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online, featuring all previously released improvements and the latest content updates for the complete online experience, including Frontier Pursuits and the specialist Roles of Bounty Hunter, Trader and Collector for players to progress through and earn unique rewards.