As Munich-based developers with a weakness for good beer and Lederhosen, Grimlore Games couldn’t resist the opportunity to prepare a little something to mark the occasion. Enjoy this free Oktoberfest DLC for SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest. Have fun – or, as they say in Munich: Hobts a mords Gaudi! The DLC is available on Steam (Windows) and GoG.com, every owner of SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest can add it to his or her library free of charge via the product page.
New Features added:
- A new skirmish map, “Battle for the Theresa’s Meadow,” set in the fabled land of Bavaria, known for its lush meadows, cantankerous peasants, and luscious liquors: stand your ground against a friend and battle for dominion over the legendary Oktoberfest grounds
- New Human multiplayer-hero Alois Bierdimpl for the Oktoberfest map, a Bavarian brew master with two new skill trees guaranteed to raise your spirits
- New Bavarian outpost commander voice-over, which can also be used in regular skirmish matches (German voices only)
- New Oktoberfest-themed music
- Build distinct heroes through various options and combinations on a skilltree
- Lead your army to victory in a reworked sector-based RTS system
- Use unique mechanics of your army units to win epic battles
- Use flying units for even more advance tactics
- Epic fantasy soundtrack and bleeding edge top down graphics
- Each faction has two unique heroes that compliment individual play styles
- A modern multiplayer lobby will allow easier matchmaking and ranked play
- Create your own maps with the powerful modding tools.
New features compared to SpellForce 3:
- All-New Campaign: Featuring new storyline with over 20 hours of content
- All-New abilities and skilltrees for even more diverse heroes
- All-New RTS Gameplay: Sector-based system with a focus on global resource distribution and unique faction mechanic
- Unique mechanics and unique unit kits make the races feel very diverse and offer replay-value in the campaign
- Flying units allow more tactical elements
- New factions: Dwarves and Dark Elves
- Overhauled UI makes the game more pleasant to look at and more readable
About SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest
Three years after the Purity Wars, Nortander is on the cusp of a new era.
However, things aren’t as peaceful as they seem – when the Queen calls you, a disgraced General, back to your homeland, you’re plunged in a war on many fronts: While a hatemonger threatens to tear apart the Dwarven realm, an enigmatic cult of Dark Elves harvests the souls of people for reasons unknown. Gather your allies and prevent a catastrophe!