The stars have aligned and the beautiful psychological adventure Still There is out on Steam (Windows, Mac) and Nintendo Switch for a price of $14.99.
Hop on board the Bento space station and get ready to encounter technical puzzles, space station management, themes of grief and guilt, and a temperamental AI – all while learning how to brew the perfect Italian coffee.
Davide Barbieri, project lead at GhostShark Games says:
“Still There is more than a simple game to us – it has had a profound impact on our lives. It has been the fulfilment of a promise that was told to the child version of ourselves, and has been an important test of our own feelings. It has required many compromises and struggles and has, without a doubt, left its mark on us. Parts of us will always be in the game, and players across the world will experience our most intimate selves while playing Still There. We hope it will leave an impact on them too.”
About Still There
In Still There, you take on the role of Karl Hamba and it’s your job to manage the daily routines of The Bento; an isolated space-lighthouse. One day, a mysterious radio message breaks through, forcing you to take action and confront the long-buried truth that you’re desperately hiding from. How much are you willing to sacrifice to rescue yourself and your loved ones? How far is far enough?
- Maintain your space lighthouse by solving brain-bending puzzles and completing your daily tasks. Urine may be involved.
- Respond to emergency situations, take vital decisions while you unravel the emotional story of Karl’s past.
- Engage in hilarious conversations with Gorky, the station’s AI.
- Confront complex issues, such as depression and grief, in the deeply immersive narrative.
- Soak up the nostalgia with stunning retro graphics and visuals.