Indie publisher Digerati announced that the Stories: The Path of Destinies & Omensight Bundle is out for Xbox One. Developed by Spearhead Games (with Xbox ports developed by Nephilim Game Studios), the acclaimed choice-driven action-adventures can be downloaded together.
Stories: The Path of Destinies has been commended for its blend of choice-driven fantasy narrative and fast-paced skillful combat.
XBLA Fans praised the story, saying “I don’t know how they pulled this off, but it was intriguing and funny the entire time.” In summing up the game, The Xbox Hub called it “brilliantly addictive,” giving particular praise to the “superb combat system and great looking lands.” ZTGD heralded the adventure as “one of the best games I have played this generation, indie or not.”
Stories: The Path of Destinies also won the ‘Best Indie Game’ and ‘Best PC Game’ categories at the Canadian Video Game Awards.
A spiritual successor to the award-winning Stories: The Path of Destinies, Omensight has been applauded for its unique style of storytelling, compelling cast of characters, and fluid gameplay.
XboxAddict called it “A perfect balance of storytelling, combat, platforming and ongoing character development… a fantastic journey throughout.” LifeisXbox congratulated the developer for creating such a brilliant follow-up to Stories: The Path of Destinies: “Yes! Spearhead games did it again! They built another piece of art, be it from the visual, audio or storytelling perspective.”
About Stories: The Path of Destinies
Sly ex-pirate Reynardo finds himself an unexpected hero standing against a mad Emperor and his army of ravens. In action-RPG Stories: The Path of Destinies, you’ll guide Reynardo across a vibrant fairy-tale land of airships, floating islands, and assorted allies, making choices, travelling through time, and fighting enemies with agile swordplay and magical skills. An empire teeters between salvation or ruin. Your choices will decide its fate.
- Unique choice-based narrative in which players explore many different storylines to find the path to victory
- Fluid fast-paced combat blending acrobatic swordplay, grab attacks, and special abilities
- Charming hand-drawn illustrations and a colorful storybook aesthetic
- A deep skill tree where players can unlock powerful new abilities such as the Hookshot or Time Mastery
- An arsenal of magic-infused swords that can be crafted and upgraded
- An original soundtrack that changes dynamically with every choice
The kingdom of Urralia is gone, annihilated by a dark deity. In this action murder-mystery game you are the Harbinger, a mythical warrior who must relive and repeat Urralia’s final day to solve a mysterious murder and save the world. Talk with the inhabitants of war-torn Urralia, separate truth from lies, and use the power of Omensight to alter their fates.
Choice and consequence, multiple courageous companions, and skillful combat all weave together to deliver a unique blend of narrative and action. With each choice, time and fate is changed, bringing you one step closer to Urralia’s salvation.
- A narrative experience that blends interactive story with action. Witness events from different perspectives and affect the outcomes through your choices
- A diverse cast of characters, each with a role in Urralia’s fate. Decide to help or hinder them in your quest to stop the apocalypse
- Fight using fluid, stylish combat that combines swordplay, magical abilities and time manipulation