Red Jake Studios announced Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite, a multiplayer first person shooter with gameplay inspired by classic titles from the late 1990s and early 2000s. Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite is slated to launch on Steam Early Access for Windows on December 18, 2019, with the full release coming later in 2020.
Combat takes players into close quarters urban environments and spans across expansive mountainous landscapes over 10 square miles in size (16 square kilometers). Players will storm compounds, raid tunnels, assault towns, and snipe along mountains in tactical player-vs-player battles with up to 50 players. Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite provides players with an easy learning curve and deep mechanics, including realistic ballistics and bullet drop that allow snipers to gauge a target’s distance, adjust their scope’s elevation, and land a shot from over a mile away.
The studio’s thoughtful approach to level design features designated enemy spawn points, ensuring the opposing team never randomly spawns behind players. The studio is also working on an innovative approach to map creation that will allow community members to create and play custom maps with their friends.
Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite will feature classic game modes including Team Deathmatch, Team King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, and more. The developers will regularly update the Early Access release with free content, including new levels, new game modes, skin customization, a map editor, clan support, and more.
♦ Storm compounds, raid tunnels, assault towns, and secure an abandoned airfield.
Levels feature designated enemy spawn points, ensuring the opposing team never randomly spawns behind players. Re-enlist for classic game modes, including Team King of the Hill and Team Deathmatch. Engage in close quarters combat in urban locales with house-to-house warfare, or creep along the rooftops and reign fire from above.
♦ Stalk mountain ridges and snipe targets from miles away.
Wage war across enormous open world landscapes over 10 miles (16 kilometers) in size. Snipe targets from incredible distances with a realistic ballistics system. Gauge your target’s distance, adjust your scope’s elevation, compensate for bullet drop, and nail the enemy from over a mile away.
♦ Notable Features:
• Infantry-only tactical FPS action with up to 50 players
• Gameplay inspired by classic FPS titles from the late 1990s and early 2000s
• Designated bases prevent enemies from randomly spawning behind players
• Three game modes at launch: Team King of the Hill, Team Deathmatch, and Deathmatch (Capture the Flag and more to be released for free during Early Access)
• Five maps available at Early Access launch, with five more in development (included for free with Early Access)
• Four distinct classes: Assault, Medic, Sniper, and Gunner
• Planned support map editor and Mod Support with Steam Workshop
• Regularly released content will include new maps, weapons, gadgets, stats, skins, clan support, and more
Features in development may be subject to change.