Retroid is pleased to announce that Wunderling will be heading to the Nintendo Switch and Steam for Windows next year.
A stunning 2D platformer where players are not the hero but a low-level video game goon who has just unlocked the ability to jump, Wunderling dazzles with impeccable pixel art, non-stop action, and a memorable soundtrack by Ratvader (Oscar Sidoff Rydelius).
In Wunderling, a retro video game henchman (the title character) is revived and given the power to jump by its master – the evil sorceress Kohlrabi. Seeking to tighten her hold on the Vegetable Kingdom and defeat its hero (the Carrot Man), she tasks the Wunderling with protecting her prisoner – the lovely Princess Pea. Unable to stop or change direction at will, planning ahead becomes a must. The Wunderling’s special abilities will be essential to navigate the game’s lengthy scrolling levels!
The team at Retroid is a proud recipient of an Epic MegaGrant – awarded to the studio after a strict selection process and review of Wunderling.
“Being on a Nintendo platform is surreal – almost dream-like. We’re thrilled that our little indie game will get a shot at a huge audience through one of the world’s most beloved consoles. When designing Wunderling, we originally wanted to create an adventure game based around a single button and show that you can indeed make a traditional platformer with that premise. In Wunderling, you clear levels like traditional platform games – and you even have boss stages! We eventually added more buttons, but the game can still be played with one hand.”
– Niklas Istenes (Producer & Game Designer, Retroid)
- Jump between platforms and solve puzzles with one hand!
- Discover a hidden treasure in each stage.
- Unlock hidden Wunder-moves like “Boost” and “Wall-Jump”!
- Enjoy beautiful bite-sized pixel art.
- Laugh out loud with an original story by Alex Faciane (The Completionist/Super Beard Bros.)
- Listen to a nostalgic soundtrack by Ratvader (Oscar Sidoff Rydelius) of else Heart.Break(), Anthill (Nintendo Switch version), and Kenshō fame.
- Track down the hero: In Wunderling, YOU’RE the boss.
Wunderling will be available on the Nintendo Switch and Steam for Windows in 2020. Pricing is yet to be determined.