EXOR Studios’ released a new DLC to their publicly acclaimed twin-stick shooter/tower defense hybrid, X-Morph: Defense on Steam. The Survival of the Fittest expansion pack contains 5 maps created with the challenges of the Survival mode in mind:
– BRITAIN – Fight an endless enemy assault in a rain soaked maze of cottages and canals.
– FINLAND – Winter is already here, but it’s not the cold that is your worst enemy.
– SOUTH AFRICA – A dense night is waiting to be lit up by countless enemy explosions.
– NETHERLANDS – Survive as long as you can in this seemingly idyllic landscape.
– FRANCE – A city labyrinth that is about to become a graveyard full of metallic corpses.
The map pack provides hours of challenging and adrenaline-pumping gameplay. After taking community feedback into account, EXOR Studios have also made changes to the game in order to make it more welcoming to new players, while not abandoning the ones looking for a greater challenge. Changes have been made to difficulty level balancing as well as initial gameplay setup. All players will benefit from these changes in the free update.
About X-Morph: Defense:
You are the X-Morph – an alien species that invades Earth to harvest its resources and terraform the surface. Strategize in the build mode by carefully selecting various types of alien towers or throw yourself right into the heat of the battle. Build mazes for incoming enemies in an environment that provides exceptional planning freedom. Tear down buildings and collapse bridges to support your defense or to simply indulge in a spectacle of unprecedented destruction. Possess a range of unique alien weapons and use defense strategies like you’ve never seen before in this genre.
– Build your towers anywhere on the map.
– Destroy obstacles, collapse buildings and bridges to change enemy paths.
– Connect towers with laser fences that block enemy movement.
– Smart enemies – there are no predefined enemy paths. Enemies adapt to the changing battlefield and your tower placement, making the challenge a lot more interesting.
– Advanced tower types – different kinds of enemies require different defense strategies. Build advanced towers to counter special enemies.
– Don’t wait for your enemies – engage them directly with the X-Morph fighter.
– Morph into four distinct fighter forms, each one with a different weapon and special ability.
– Fight huge, building size, mechanical war machines. Each boss fight is unique and heavily influences the gameplay environment. Entire cities will be destroyed.
SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP
– Fend off the human threat with a friend at your side.
SINGLE PLAYER AND COOP STORY CAMPAIGNS
– take over the Earth by invading locations all around the globe including South Africa, Russia, USA, Japan, China, Britain, Argentina and other countries
– upgrade your towers and abilities throughout the course of the story campaign
– the entire story campaign is available in coop mode
– coop missions include additional enemy waves that create a new gameplay experience
– three difficulty modes
– repel endless enemy attacks
– grow in strength as the game rewards you with upgrades after defeating each wave
– employ new strategies, reacting to dynamic enemy paths
– earn new achievements
– available both in single-player and local co-op
– X-Morph: Defense is powered by EXOR Studios’ proprietary Schmetterling game engine.
– Dynamic building destruction system. Every building in the game can be destroyed piece by piece. Realistic physics simulation makes every destruction scenario unique.
– PhysX by NVIDIA.