MoaCube announced a lengthy free preview of their newest release, Bonfire, on Steam for Windows and Mac. Bonfire is a deeply tactical RPG with a rapid battle system and heroes that care a little too much. A game of plans that go sideways, crazy builds that somehow work, quick gameplay sessions, and a cute-sad story that binds it all together.
Hildie’s world has collapsed. She and her group of heroic misfits journey through a desolate world that’s well past saving. Her quest to destroy the Faceless Overlord of the Mournfolk may be hopeless, but she’s kinda into lost causes.
The gloomy world of Bonfire is procedurally generated. You’ll travel to really gloomy places, expand your arsenal of tactical options, meet a cast of rather odd survivors, and struggle to survive yourself. The game is designed for endless play, but its story actually goes somewhere. And yes – there’s even an ending.
- Rapid and clickety-click RPG with deep tactics emerging from simple rules.
- A cute-sad story about journey and failure told within a procedural structure.
- Short, intense gameplay sessions of the “just one more…” variety.
- More than enough room for going total nerd about builds, tactics, etc.
- Showers of blood and golden coins!
- This highly polished demo consists of six in-game areas.
Bonfire will fully release later this year in Early Access for Windows PC and Mac on Steam.