BattleGoat Studios announced Galactic Ruler, a new strategy title from the creators of the Supreme Ruler series. “Since the release of Supreme Ruler 2010 almost fifteen years ago, our team and players have discussed the possibility of applying the game system we created to a space setting”, shared Lead Programmer and Co-Founder George Geczy. “Having developed our game engine and gameplay mechanics over all this time, we finally saw a path to making this goal a reality.”
Players will now be able to expand their planetary battles into the space around their homeworld, and from their home system they can expand further within a custom-generated galaxy. The possibilities are endless with options for galaxy size, system density and a variety of alien races to play as or against.
Galactic Ruler offers real-time strategy game play at both the planetary level and in space. Lead your faction in diplomacy or conquest across a unique galactic map where any system might hold hostile enemies or resource riches. Harness needed resources and develop advanced technology to rule the galaxy in the latest offering from BattleGoat Studios.
- Procedurally generated galaxies, systems and planets for a new and unique experience with each new game
- Customizable galaxy size and density, supporting games featuring dozens of systems and hundreds of planets that can be explored and exploited
- Develop your planets to gain the resources needed to grow your empire
- Research improvements to your military, social and economic capabilities
- Negotiate treaties and form alliances with alien factions
- Trade with other factions to acquire the goods and weapons needed for your empire
- Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical control of your forces
- Engage in large-scale planetary battles and epic space conflicts
- Venture from your home planet to forge an empire of colonies all under your direct control
- Choose your level of control – Make all decisions or use your AI to assist
- Multiplayer support for up to 15 players
Galactic Ruler is a real-time space strategy game for the Windows PC and Mac planned for release in the second quarter of 2020 on Steam and other digital distribution platforms.