You’re sitting in the airport awaiting your flight to meet the relatives for the holidays. Suddenly, the screen above you flashes with those two dreaded words: FLIGHT DELAYED.
Sounds like the best time for a party, so long as you are prepared with a copy of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020!
Sit back, grab a snack, and make a friend (or three), because competition awaits!
Here are five fun ideas to turn a frustrating flight delay into fun memories and new friends this holiday season:
- A Wah-tastic Win: Show off Wario’s perfect swimming technique in the pool and earn more gold medals than Michael Phelps.
- Relive the Glory Days: Bowser is surprisingly graceful on the diving platform, at least in his classic 2D form. Experience this swan of 8-bit glory leap off the high board with an elegant landing.
- Achieve Those Squad Goals: Pairing up Peach, Daisy, Amy, and Blaze the Cat as they run the pitch and stand tall on the podium in Football.
- Prove that Shadow is the Ultimate Lifeform: …On the beach by surfing those high waves!
- Our Main Event of the Evening: Find out who is pound-for-pound the greatest boxer on the roster with memorable match-ups: Peach vs. Bowser. Tails vs. Yoshi. Mario vs. Metal Sonic.
What you need to know about Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020:
- Brand New Story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from a 2D-themed console, the “Tokyo ’64,” hatched as part of Dr. Eggman’s and Bowser’s nefarious plans to trap the colorful and capable power pair.
- A Bountiful Medley of Events: Skateboard, surf, and race your way to the top of the podium! With more than 30 events to master in this fun-filled Olympic Games showdown, there are plenty of ways to prove your skills to your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Push the Boundaries: Dream Events deliver a layer of fantastical chaos. Zip through a downhill obstacle course on your hoverboard, throwdown for territorial control with lightning-fast karate action, or smash the most targets inside a traditional Japanese manor!
- So Many Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: The gang’s all here! Play as Mario, Sonic, and a star-studded cast of your favorite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
Enjoy all the different classic 2D events, perfect for friends and family:
- 10m Platform (Diving)
- 400m Hurdles
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Kayak Single (K-1) 1000m
- Long Jump
- Shooting – Trap
You will also dash, climb, jump, surf and more in these fast-paced 3D events:
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Canoe Double (C-2) 1000m
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – Floor Exercise
- Javelin Throw
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby Sevens
- Skateboarding – Park
- Sport Climbing
- Surfing – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100m Freestyle
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
The fun even goes beyond the limits of reality with all-new Dream Events:
- Dream Karate
- Dream Racing
- Dream Shooting
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will take to the starting blocks exclusively for the Nintendo Switch on November 5 in the Americas for $59.99 USD and November 8 in Europe with commensurate pricing.
*Joy-Con functionality does not extend to all events.