Deep Silver and Nine Dots Studio released the free “Permadeath, Postgame, and Poutine” content patch for its engrossing fantasy adventure OUTWARD. The update is live for the game’s PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions.
Launched on March 26, 2019 by the pocket-sized and dynamic Canadian developers Nine Dots Studio, the open world RPG OUTWARD has seen more than 400,000 players from all over the world embark on unforgiving adventures in its mystical, wonderful world of Aurai. Deep Silver and Nine Dots Studio offer today’s update, which is positively brimming with great content and cuisine, to thank the game’s passionate community.
“I never took for granted that Outward would perform well, but we wanted to trust the players’ ability to learn and adapt. I’m so glad that it paid off and it makes us that much more confident for our future development efforts,” said Guillaume Boucher-Vidal, CEO of Nine Dots Studio.
In addition to game fixes and improvements, highlights from the patch’s contents are outlined below. Fans can also watch the latest diary from the developers detailing the additions:
- Hardcore Mode: With the new Permadeath option, defeat may bring only a temporarily setback, but there is also a chance characters actually die permanently (save game deleted).
- Hidden Endgame Boss Fights: We will say no more at this point, but they are waiting for you.
- Vastly Improved Legacy Chest System: We’ve added a surprising new functionality which is better experienced without us spoiling it.
- More End Game Items: A wealth of incredibly valuable and powerful items to further transform you into the ultimate warrior.
- Languages, Languages and More Languages: Added the following languages (text only): Polish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazil), and Turkish.
- Addition of an Unarmed Attack: Take a (figurative) page out of Monty Python black knight’s playbook – you don’t need arms to fight.
- The Quebec super food.