Perfect World Entertainment, Inc. and Gunfire Games announced Remnant: From the Ashes is now available on Windows PC (Steam and Arc), Xbox One and PlayStation®4. From the team behind the Darksiders trilogy and Chronos, Remnant: From the Ashes delivers an all-new co-op, survival-action third-person shooter set in a post-apocalyptic future. Featuring dynamically-generated worlds filled with epic bosses, elusive secrets and a vast arsenal powerful gear, the game promises endless replayability with unique gameplay paths for all players. Remnant: From the Ashes is rated “M” for Mature.
“We wanted to expand on our signature sci-fi fantasy meets post-apocalyptic style, building a game around adventure, exploration and co-op,” said Gunfire Games co-founder and president, David Adams. “Remnant: From the Ashes is our passion project. Through our innovative dynamic generation tech, the game offers a fresh adventure each time you jump in. We hope players enjoy our re-imagination of ‘endless adventure’ as much as we do.”
“Gunfire Games has created a unique gameplay experience that exhibits the studio’s creativity, ambition and expertise,” said Yoon Im, COO of Perfect World Entertainment. “We jumped at the opportunity to help bring their vision to life and are proud of what the studio has accomplished. We know Remnant: From the Ashes will thrill challenge-seekers and surprise players looking for their next co-op adventure to share with friends. It’s time to fight the Root of all evil!”
In the late 1960’s, an evil force known as the Root invaded Earth, decimating the population. 80 years after the invasion, players begin their journey on the shores of a ruined city in the shadow of a mysterious tower. Following in the footsteps of the missing former-leader of Ward 13, – a nexus and base of operations – players encounter the wretched Root, savage warrior tribes of Rhom’s wasteland, the collective hivemind of the Iskal on Corsus and agile, yet deadly Pan of Yaesha.
Set out alone or alongside up to two other survivors, venturing into unpredictable and ever changing worlds via World Stone checkpoints. A wicked armory awaits survivors daring enough to engage hordes of deadly foes and over 20 epic bosses. Rise from the ashes and seek an end to the Root. Game features include:
- Intense Combat – Battle over a hundred different enemy varieties – each with their own weaponry and tactics – across distinct environments. Each scenario tests players’ mastery of the game’s mechanics including dodging, stamina, health, powerful firearms, melee weapons and powerful mods that imbue weapons with awesome abilities to overcome challenges.
- Flexible Gear-based Progression – Players must choose between the ranged and nimble Hunter, the support-focused Ex-Cultist, or the tanky Scrapper to begin with. Once they begin venturing beyond the World Stone, however, players will earn new weapons, mods and scrap to power up and create their ultimate survivor.
- Mysterious Story – The Root decimated humanity in the 1960’s, but Earth wasn’t the only world they’ve invaded. While seeking out the cause of this evil, players explore other civilizations on their way to a tower looming above Ward 13. Travel beyond the World Stone and navigate hostile terrain, uncovering stories from worlds beyond our own, where secrets lie around every corner.
- Endless Challenges Await – Randomized worlds, rewards and enemy combinations offer an endless combination of challenges with each playthrough. Utilizing knowledge gained through each death is the surest way to achieve victory.
- Epic Bosses & Enemies – Ruined Earth, Rhom Wasteland, Corsus Swamp and Yaesha Jungle all host their own unique, deadly combatants and challenges. The hordes give way to over 20 epic bosses, each requiring diverse tactics to be defeated. Tenacity and experimentation are rewarded with the most powerful and exotic gear in the game – some bosses even offer two for conquering them by an alternative method.
- Host-based Co-op – Players may venture out beyond the World Stone alone for a greater challenge, or alongside up to two other survivors to even the odds and increase their chances of survival. World progress is tied to the host. However, players will carry all loot and experience back to their own world.