Having topped the rundown of the most popular upcoming releases on Steam for the entirety of the last week, Raiser Games and Protocol Games announced that Song of Horror, the fresh new take on the survival horror adventure, has today launched on Steam for Windows.
Adding the threat of permadeath to a thrilling paranormal story, Song of Horror is the tale of the famed but now elusive writer Sebastian P. Husher – a man who, along with his entire family, has gone missing without rhyme or reason. In the first episode, the player steps into this mystery taking on any one of 13 different characters in order to piece together Husher’s final steps and apparent demise, all while coping with a string of events that lift the lid on something truly frightening: a nameless, dark entity known only as The Presence.
The first two episodes of five that comprise Song of Horror has launched, each one paying homage to classics of the survival horror genre.
The first – which sees the player encounter The Presence for the first time – tips its hat to Infogrames’ classic series Alone in the Dark, while episode two will be especially pleasing for any fans of the phenomenal Silent Hill. Indeed, the second episode furthers the plot by moving out of Husher’s mansion and into Färber’s Antique Shop, casting more light on the supernatural forces at work in play and unraveling the mystery behind the game’s titular haunted music box.
“The great fear in Song of Horror is that, when The Presence strikes, the character the player is playing as dies for good,” offers Carlos Grupeli, founder of Protocol Games, the studio behind Song of Horror. “If you add to this the fact that the A.I. behind The Presence actively learns from the way the player takes on the game and adjusts its attacks as a result, you have a take on the survival-horror genre we think genuinely pushes things forward.”
In Song of Horror, you will:
- Investigate a paranormal mystery wrapped up in a story of psychological horror.
- Tangle with The Presence, an otherworldly entity with its own adaptive A.I. that reacts to your actions and decisions to deliver an unscripted, unpredictable slice of horror.
- Choose between a group of unique characters, each one bringing their own point of view to play with a different relationship with both the story and other characters.
- When characters die, they die for good, but the horror continues…
- …with the investigation picked up by a new character, tackling the story from a unique perspective, but one affected by their predecessor’s actions.
- Explore haunted, sinister locations to gather clues to piece together the mystery behind the missing Sebastian P. Husher.
Song of Horror launches on Steam for Windows