Indie publisher Digerati and developer Caiysware announced the surreal shoot ’em up action of Straimium Immortaly will be unleashed on consoles later this month. The frenetic follow-up to Caiysware’s Skelly Selest, Straimium Immortaly combines the developer’s unique pixel-art aesthetic with a mountain of loot to collect, upgrades to unlock, and weapons to wield.
Straimium Immortaly will be available to download 17/18 December on PS4 (NA/EU respectively), 24 December on Xbox One, and 25 December on Nintendo Switch.
Straimium Immortaly drops players into the Cubicus – a peculiar and perilous procedurally-generated realm of outlandish oddness where they must explore, power-up, loot, and shoot to survive!
“With Straimium Immortaly I wanted to create a love letter to classic games of yore but with a modern roguelike twist,” says developer Anthony Case. “Combining NES shoot-em-ups like Sector Z and Gradius with Metroid sci-fi spaceship exploration, big boss battles, oodles of unlocks, and the modern procedural generation magic that keeps gameplay fresh.”
About the game
Bosses and beasties abound in this bizarre and vibrant roguelite/shump/dungeon crawler hybrid. Armed with a jetpack and a smorgasbord of weapons and power-ups, Straimium Immortaly pits your lone warrior against the forces of the Queeni Emperess. Agility, precision, and loads of loot are your only means of surviving the Cubicus.
- A world like no other: explore the bizarre, butts-hard procedurally generated and monster-filled rooms of the Cubicus
- Otherworldly pixel-art: old-school pixels meet vibrant new-school style
- Fly quickly, carry a big gun: from the Ionic Laser to the lightning-blasting Electra Casta, wield an arsenal of 25+ upgradeable weapons and 50+ items
- Unleash ninja powers: discover and harness a variety of mysterious shinobi abilities
- KO XL baddies: defeat a myriad of huge monstrous bosses in your bid to rid the galaxy of Queeni taint!
- Your fight, your way: unlockable classes, mutators, cheats and hats. Level seeds and size options to customize your run. Boss Rush mode, Incursion mode, and more
- A whole ton of stats: keep track of your progress through leaderboards, achievements, and compendiums of enemies, bosses, weapons, items, and more