inXile entertainment—the studio led by Interplay founder and Wasteland co-creator Brian Fargo—along with Deep Silver, revealed that Wasteland 3 will be releasing May 19, 2020 both digitally and in retail stores.
In addition, pre-orders are available including bonus items which will give players a head start in the wasteland. The pre-order bonus items include:
- Ranger General’s Hat and Glasses
- Polished Ranger Badge
- Snow Camo Weapons
Wasteland 3 was featured at Xbox’s X019 event in London, where Brian Fargo took to the stage to introduce a new trailer, announce the May 19 release date, and officially kick off pre-orders.
Wasteland 3 is set to release on Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation® 4, Windows, Mac, and Linux May 19, 2020. The legendary series, which pioneered the post-apocalypse genre in video games, returns players to the role of Desert Rangers, lawmen in a post-nuclear world working to rebuild civilization from the ashes. Trading the dry, dusty heat of the American southwest for a perpetually frozen Colorado, Wasteland 3 features new locations, a customizable vehicle, streamlined combat, and two player co-op as a first for the series.
About Wasteland 3
Wasteland 3 is party-based roleplaying game, playable in single-player or multiplayer, with a renewed focus on reactivity and strategic combat.
· MULTI-PLAYER: Playable in single- and multiplayer experiences.
· COMBAT: Deep turn-based combat, evolving on Wasteland 2‘s strategic options and unique encounter design
• By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, Wasteland 3 evolves from Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
· GAMEPLAY: For the first time, players can play by themselves or with friends in a story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer experience. Choices open up mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and tons of other content.
· RANGER BASE: Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
· ENVIRONMENT: The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
· STORYLINE: Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
· PLATFORMS: Simultaneously releasing to Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.