Team17 and independent studio, Playtonic Games, are calling on players to test their 2D platforming skills with the release of the new demo for the critically-acclaimed Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. The free demo, available on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, and Steam for Windows, gives a taster of tonics, trials, and tantalising obstacles to traverse, including a chance to complete the lair itself, the first five levels of the game, and a Pageie Challenge, as Yooka and Laylee once again face off against antagonist, Capital B!
The demo has no time limit, meaning there’s no pesky interruption to the fun. Should players then decide to purchase the full game and continue their progress, the save from the demo will carry over, meaning no progress is lost.
Set after the climactic battle of the original 2017 3D platformer, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, this brand new adventure sees the colourful chameleon and bat duo attempt to free Queen Phoebee’s kingdom by releasing her captured Beettalion across the colourful gameworld. Throughout the game, players can attempt to tackle Capital B’s latest and greatest threat yet – the eponymous Impossible Lair itself!
About Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
- Set across 40 exciting levels within an expansive and interactive 3D Overworld
- Uncover new secrets and puzzles that dynamically transform the environment into brand-new experiences
- Silky-smooth 60fps across all platforms
- Tonics return, with game-modifying potions that give players the ability to customise their adventure with character skins, graphical filter effects, and difficulty modifiers!
- Take on the challenge of the Impossible Lair at any point during the adventure
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is available digitally on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and Windows PC at selected retailers globally.