Developer Louis Rigaud and publisher Goblinz Studio today announced that Iris and the Giant, a roguelike deckbuilding adventure will be releasing on Steam on 27th February 2020. To celebrate the news, the team has released a free demo (Windows, Mac, Linux) showcasing the first few levels on the game’s Steam page.
Iris and The Giant is a fusion of a collectable card game (CCG) with RPG and roguelike elements. Behind the game’s unique minimalist art style players will explore a touching story of a young woman facing their inner demons and soothing the raging giant inside. Dive into a melancholic and gripping adventure, filled with cute monsters and buried memories.
Players can test their tactical skills in turn-based battles using magical cards to attack and defend while unlocking new skills and cards with every run. Over time they can optimize and build the perfect deck to fit their playstyle and dive deeper and deeper into the fantastical minimal world of Iris and the Giant – until they reach its most hidden corners, full of monsters and mysteries.
Fans of the genre will find the complexity of the deckbuilding satisfying while newcomers will appreciate the progressive difficulty curve that’s designed to be approachable.
- Tactical battles: Face monsters in fights mixing CCG mechanics with RPG and roguelike elements
- Deckbuilding: build a deck as you progress. Choose the best options for your long-term strategy out of a wide variety of cards
- Deep customisation: The game is packed with 51 cards and choices in how to specialise your character, your deck, and your playstyle
- A touching adventure: A lot of care was put into adding a compelling and emotive story to a genre traditionally light on narrative
- A progressive difficulty curve: Makes the game accessible to all, but offers a challenge to even the most hardened of players