Daedalic Entertainment and indie developer Unfrozen have unleashed the devilishly evil roguelike RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead on Windows PC via Steam Early Access. Flipping the script on classic fantasy RPGs, Iratus: Lord of the Dead makes you a newly resurrected necromancer on a bloody quest for vengeance against the fools who imprisoned you.
Wield an array of occult powers to make your enemies recoil in fear, using the blood, guts, bones and souls of the fallen to create monstrous pawns for your own personal army. With four different skill trees to master (Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction) and nearly 100 different minion skills to unlock, you’ll have plenty of choices to defeat your foes in turn-based combat.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead is a delightfully difficult roguelike that challenges your strategic prowess on all fronts, with permadeath affecting not only minions but enemies, as well. Body parts and essence are finite resources in the game’s sprawling dungeon overworld, so you’ll need to think carefully about what you conjure and how it’ll help you exact revenge.
- Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic foes!
- Craft an army from the body parts of dead enemies: Pick from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
- Advanced turn-based battle system: Learn your enemies’ weak points, exploit them with physical and magical abilities, and attack their minds to drive them insane.
- Combat and choices with consequences: Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Choose from four types of necromancer talents that change the way you play, including Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction.
- Intelligent enemy AI and multiple difficulty levels to challenge even experienced RPG strategists.
- Improve and expand your underground lair to grow in power.
- Detailed 2.5D art style with fully animated effects evoking classic dark fantasy atmosphere.
- Standout voice acting from Stephan Weyte, who played Caleb in the hit Blood franchise.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead will be continuously updated and expanded throughout early access with new content, features and improvements.