Gluk Media announced the launch of an interactive VR drama Kamile VR. A pilot episode – Kamile: The Fall through Steam Early Access (Windows), while releases on other VR platforms will be announced shortly after. This cinematic experience is being developed by a dedicated assembly of Lithuanian film and video game industry professionals and co-funded by the Lithuanian Film Centre.
Set in 2084, Kamile VR will explore family aspirations to live a fulfilling life, while facing the reality of constant work and slavery for digital economics. At the time, the job market is already dominated by AI. To make a living people lend their brainpower for Neural Mining processes and further empower AI capabilities. You’ll assume the role of Kamile, wife of a genius scientist looking to develop a new generation of AI, but work-related tragic incident shatters his plans and those of his family. Kamile is forced to fight and flight to protect her son and their secrets.
Even though creators put an emphasis on storytelling, Kamile VR will feature various gameplay elements. Unique VR setting will provide augmented reality driven user’s interface to navigate and familiarize yourself with the world, while different chapters of the story will feature hacking, shooting and brain invasion sequences.
„From the beginning we knew exactly what our mission is. We gathered as a bunch of video game and film enthusiasts to explore the new genre of narrative based VR. Even though we come from different fields, we’re all united by passion for storytelling. VR is extremely powerful and impactful way to tell a story, but it’s even more powerful way to experience it, so it’s kind of a storyteller’s dream. We launch a pilot episode as our mission statement and a display of skill. We have the whole story pre-planned and divided into several chapters, so this pilot is just a taste of things to come. While the story is clear, the way we tell it is not set in stone. We’re looking to deep dive into user feedback, analyze it and eventually, throughout all episodes, finetune the balance between movie-like and gaming experiences. At the end, we aim to deliver a perfect mix for movie goers and fans of narrative driven games altogether“, – says head of the project Bartosh Polonski.
The pilot chapter of the series is available through Steam Early access.
• Runtime: 15-30 minutes (depends on your skills and curiosity)
• It is a VR-only experience in 6DoF
• Virtual reality world enriched with smart, AR-based UI.
• Visit a dystopian world that is also very familiar. It’s the future where humanity keeps on inventing and dealing with the new and unforeseen consequences of scientific success.
• By purchasing Kamile: The Fall, players support the development of narrative-based VR. We really want to contribute to the genre.
• Planned for release on all major VR headsets including Oculus, HTC Vive, and PSVR.
• Original score written by a prominent film composers Paulius Kilbauskas and Vygintas Kisevičius.
• Created by a group of young local talent hailing from video game and film industries.